Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First day 9/7/09

I will be posting my training plan later on. Today was my first day of training, don't get me wrong, I haven't been sitting completely stagnant for a long time, I'm not a total couch potato, just a moderate couch potato. I finished my 4th sprint triathlon about 3 weeks ago and I did pretty good for me, 1:45 or so. This race is to help me stay in shape and increase my running speed which is seriously lacking in my triathlons. My goal is to complete the half marathon in a 10 min/mile pace, which is not superfast, but this is my first one and I want to set a realistic goal.

Today's workout was the traditional 1/2 mile warm up, some stretching, and the real workout was 4 X 400, at a 2 min 12 second pace. It was a beautiful day for Chico this time of year, it was about 85 degrees which to me is excellent running weather (compared to 99 a few weeks ago). My fast running will take place at Pleasant Valley High School's track.

I was excited to see that running at this pace was not only possible, but rather easy. I actually did my laps in about 1:43. I took just long enough of a break to not be breathing really hard any more. It was fun to be going fast. I haven't had a training regiment for a long time which had speed involved. Most of my training plans are solely to be able to get the distance done.

No comments:

Post a Comment